Martha Trust therapies and activities
At Martha Trust our programme of therapies is built around each individual and designed to be stimulating, challenging, engaging, relaxing and above all – fun.
Our state-of-the-art equipment and highly-trained specialists deliver a range of therapies in the safety and comfort of our homes.
- With hydrotherapy pools at both Hastings and Deal, our residents can experience the joy and freedom of movement and weightlessness. The warm water massages their skin, stimulates circulation, relieves stress and aids digestion. It brings people together, letting families enjoy close physical contact that might not otherwise be possible and it’s a great way to relax and have fun.
Our programme of therapies and activities is designed to be stimulating, challenging, engaging, relaxing and above all – fun.
- Physiotherapy can stimulate healing and help with back and joint problems, chest conditions, balance and limb control. It can improve mobility, increase independence and generally make people feel better inside and out.
- During reflexology, gentle pressure is applied to different areas of the feet which can relieve congestion and tension in the body. It’s a uniquely relaxing experience that can restore balance in the body and encourage healing.
- Anyone, regardless of ability, can make and appreciate music. Music therapy is a terrific way to relieve stress, improve coordination, raise physical awareness and develop memory and concentration.
- With light projectors, gel wheels, shimmering fibre-optic light curtains and music, our sensory rooms offer a unique experience that can be exciting and stimulating or soothing and tranquil. The sensory room can help people become more aware of their environment and interact with what’s going on around them.
- Pamper sessions are a wonderful way for residents to relax. They can enjoy a soothing hand or foot massage, a beautifying manicure or a pedicure, in the calming surroundings of the sensory room.
There’s always something going on at Martha with activities designed to stimulate and challenge our residents, from the fully equipped therapy suite with its giant, touch-screen TV to sensory cooking, arts-and-crafts, games, reading, gardening, themed weeks and parties.
And when someone needs a little time to themselves there are plenty of quiet spaces where they can relax and recharge.
Find out more
Find out more about the therapies and activities on offer at Martha Trust by calling us on 01304 610441 or emailing email@example.com.
Get in touch today
Martha Trust, Homemead Lane, Hacklinge, Deal, Kent CT14 0PG